Aims and Objectives of LATA
- To improve public awareness of Latin America as a tourism destination.
- To stimulate the growth of travel to Latin America.
- To promote travel industry professionalism and skill through education and training.
- To bring together representatives of the Latin American Travel Association at regular intervals in order to develop a closer working relationship and create a better understanding of travel matters relating to Latin America.
- To inform and advise Latin American travel suppliers on requirements of the UK and Ireland market place.
- To improve press coverage and media profile of Latin America.
- To organise promotional events on behalf of members
- To seek to ensure the competitiveness of Latin America in all sectors of tourism.
How we meet those objectives
- Press lunches are organised to provide members with the opportunity to meet with UK national and travel trade press and to increase the profile of LATA
- Regular press newsletters are sent to our comprehensive press list. These provide members with a free and convenient method of informing the press of their new developments and also stimulates press coverage for LATA and Latin America
- LATA produces an annual informative Guide which is circulated to the public, press and members of the travel trade
- Regular meetings with key speakers are organised providing the members with a forum for networking
- An annual LATA party is arranged during World Travel Market. National and trade press are invited along with existing and potential members